5 things you shouldn’t say to a Club DJ

 

  1. If you play this song everyone is going to go crazy

If you say this to a Club DJ that has a beat on the room, your song has a 95% chance of not being played especially later on in the night. He/She has a Job to do and that is not to be your personal IPod. That being said the other 5%, will get their song played if It actually fits in with the current genre.

  1. Shout-Outs

No, it’s just not going to happen.

No one but your “Squad” cares.

If you want to make a request though the DJ MIGHT play one if you’re nice.

  1. Requesting Songs

Annoying the DJ to play your song is not going to get you anywhere, in fact you will probably end up being told to go @^$&-off. They have a Job to do, let them do it.

  1. Don’t talk to the DJ unless they give you the go-ahead

If the DJ puts a finger up for you to hold on, it’s because they are busy. Don’t continue to talk or tap them on the shoulder. Especially if their headphones are on.

  1. Threatening the DJ

Unless it’s for a good time, don’t do it. It’s either….

Going to get you kicked out, possibly banned

Or

The DJ is going to shrug it off and tell you, in a polite way to go @^$&-off!

Follow me around on…

Instagram    imgres  like Google+

7 thoughts on “5 things you shouldn’t say to a Club DJ

  1. I guess this blog shows my ignorance on clubbing, but I would assume that you could request a song if it fits the mood since that is what the DJ is there for. Guess I won’t be requesting a song anytime soon.

    1. Well you definitely can request a song, just keep in mind that the DJ has to keep everyone happy and also keep his Job. So if everyone in enjoying hip-hop, and you request something country know it’s more than likely not going to be played. 🙂

  2. I don’t think I have ever asked a DJ to play a song, but these seem to be good tips. I imagine it hard to keep these tips in mind if a person is completely drunk and has a mission to get their song played.

    1. Yeah, I’d imagine so too, that’s why DJs have some tricks up their sleeves to get you to go away if they aren’t going to play your song

Comments are closed.